Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Magali's Favorite

Magali's aunt's recipe

Magali, my young student from Mexico, shares with us one of her favorite recipes. This looks delicious and great for the summer.

Cheesecake with ice cream and chocolate chip cookies

Ingredients:
1 package (15.2 oz) cookies with little chunks of chocolate real chocolate chip cookies, divided
2 tbsp butter melted
2 packages (8oz each) cream cheese softened
½ cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 ½ quarts (6cups) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened

Procedure
Crush 20 cookies  into  fine crumbs, with butter until smooth. Press it against the bottom of a mold. Cut the 16 remaining cookies. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer. Add the ice cream, beat until smooth. Incorporate the cookies, pour over base. Put the cheese cake in the freezer for 4 hours or until firm. Thaw for 10 min before serving, let it stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Top with remaining cookies.

Magali says "I chose this recipe because I like cheesecake desserts especially; I think it’s easy to do. But I’ve never made it. However, my aunt makes it on special occasions. It’s delicious!"

No comments:

Post a Comment