Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Luz "Sol" shares her EMPANADA recipe

Luz says that these empanadas are delicious with a drink called Champus. She doesn't give us the instructions about making champus but she does share her empanada recipe. I've made these delicate pastry delights. They are a little work but they taste like heaven in your mouth!

Ingredients
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2/3 cup diced peeled potatoes
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 bag flour La Venezolana

Directions
Cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and beef, cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally, stir in the tomato sauce.

Making the dough:
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups hot water
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon butter

Mix all the ingredients. Let the dough rest for fifteen minutes
Luz says "I put the dough on the counter, I roll the dough and then I make it flat. I cut small rounds and then I put the beef on the small rounds of dough. After this, I fold the round dough in half. The dough becomes a crescent shape. Seal the edges with a fork. Then I put in the fryer for a few minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment